Wednesday, May 31, 2006

May 31, 2006 - Sinking deeper into mommyhood...


With each passing day, I'm more and more Mommy.  Spit-up on my pajamas, the scent of rubbing alcohol on my hands, the distinct pleasure in giving my baby a bath (and laughing as she tries to balance herself with my assistance in the bathtub)... concern for her newborn acne (which is supposed to clear up on its own)... asking myself why she cries for milk every hour now instead of every 3 or 4... how the lack of sleep doesn't seem to enervate me...

It's strange, but these are things that I would not be willing to put myself through except for my own child.  I guess it's nature's way of hardwiring, making sure that my child survives, making sure there's someone to care for her in the cruel world. 

Then again, I just take one look at her gorgeous face.  That's enough of a reason for me to keep on keepin' on.

No comments: