Tuesday, May 2, 2006

May 02, 2006 - Argh!!!!!!!!!!!! and Pregnancy Blog

My hard drive died.

It's happened before... the freeze, the spinning sounds, the stall, and finally the braking crunch. Ouch! Thankfully I was able to get a copy of Mac OS X to install on my firewire iPod (thank goodness I didn't give it away!). So now I'm running everything off of that until I can get my hard drive's data recovered and the drive itself replaced. I'm thinking of getting a 100 Gig hard drive to replace this one with... I may have a friend bring it home from the States. Hmmm... I'd better warn her and get her permission first; she's already bringing home a ton of baby stuff for me!

As for my pregnancy, I have a feeling I don't have much more left. My cervical plug was expelled today in a mess of brown discharge, which sent me to my doctor's clinic to make sure things were fine. According to her my cervix is very soft, but still quite high. However, the baby's head has dropped further, so I have a feeling I have no more than a week left before she pops out. Then again, I could be totally wrong.

We have packed our stuff for the hospital in anticipation of the big day: clothes (for me and the baby), pajamas, ablutions, etc. Our cameras are being charged right now as well. So we wait. Our wait, it seems, won't be too long now.

No comments: