Wednesday, May 10, 2006

May 10, 2006 - Another Pregnancy Blog

Okay, here's the latest on the baby's arrival (or non-arrival)...

First, we did a scan of the baby to check fluid levels, and we were able to see her chubby, squishy face.  It's the absolute cutest face I've ever seen.  What a pair of lips on her!  She still looks pretty calm, and I'm hoping she stays in that zen state of mind.  We're all going to need to be.  After that, the doctor did some poking around, and she said that my cervix has made some progress!  Yahoo!  It's now in mid-posterior.  She'd like for it to be a bit lower, more anterior (meaning the opening faces the front), and thinner.  As it is now, it's still quite thick.  If labor began now, we'd be in for a long and painful ride.  Having said that, I'm now 1 cm dilated, which is a good sign.  She asked me then if I could feel how low the baby is, and I said kind of, but I don't feel any contractions whatsoever.  She followed that by asking if I ever had dysmenorrhea or painful cramps when my period came, and I answered no.  The only thing I get during my time of month is lower back pain, which is fortunate, because it doesn't debilitate me when I have to do a show.

We asked tons of questions today, and got a lot of answers, things that informed us of how to conduct ourselves when the big day arrives.  My doctor thinks that my husband will be in a more anxious state than I will be... I'm a pretty cool customer.  Plus my mom will -- as she always does when I'm going into a state of physical distress -- probably lose her cool and panic.  So that means that I'll have to be a zen one.  That's fine, I'm used to it.

Well, from the looks of things, I'll say that she'll be out in a week.  I'll keep the updates coming until such time that I have to be admitted and checked-in.

No comments: