Saturday, May 13, 2006

May 13, 2006 - Pregnancy Blog

It's the weekend... and nothing's happened yet, which I'm actually happy about.  There's a storm right now, and I don't know that I'd wish to give birth in the midst of this.  It might impede our progress to the hospital.  Then again, we do have an SUV.  We'll be able to brave the floodwaters and debris that will undoubtedly be littering the roadways.

The village where we live is already showing signs of the strong winds and heavy rains that pummelled us last night.  Tree limbs, leaves, miscellaneous pieces of trash strewn on the streets... maintenance men in yellow raincoats hustling to clean things up... some houses with electricity, some without (like ours this morning... the power came back at around 1 pm).  I guess it's all part and parcel of living in Manila.  We ate breakfast out today and strolled in the mall until we felt it was time to go home.  I then changed back into my pajamas and settled in for a nice nap.  I'd better store up on my sleep; once Nicole arrives, I'll never know what that is again.

Rob's a few feet away, nursing an old whiplash injury and playing a video game.  I'm here watching the wind whip the leaves around and blogging, after a bowl of hot oatmeal and a glass of milk.  Voltes V Evolution is out on TV tonight... I definitely want to watch it, if only to support my friends who are part of it. 

No comments: