Wednesday, June 21, 2006

June 21, 2006 - The Nature of Love

I'm writing this entry with my daughter fast asleep on top of my lap pillow.  Her little body is comfortably nestled there, and she's off to dreamland.  One look at her, and I know that I love her with all my heart and soul.

This is the case with everyone and everything that I love... my husband, family, friends, work.  I love them all, with all my heart and soul.

"All my heart and soul."

It seems almost mathematically and logically impossible to love each and every thing 100 per cent.  Makes more sense to subdivide and love one thing 20%, another thing 10%.  But that's not the nature of love.  At least not the way I see it.

Love is inexhaustible... endless... bottomless.  Love cannot be quantified, counted or explained in terms that the mind understands.  Love doesn't always make sense, but it's always beautiful when it comes into your life.  It's something I've learned to not refuse or turn away when it appears, but to accept it, hold it, learn from it and care for it as best as I can.  Sometimes, I've asked myself why and for what purpose this love is in my life, but now, I take it as a blessing.  No questions asked.

"Wherever there is love, there is God."  'Nuff said.

No comments: