Friday, June 16, 2006

June 15, 2006 - My ME Day


Yes, today I had a ME day.  The good Abu came over to babysit Nicole for most of the day while I headed to my favorite salon for a cut-&-color.  First I briefly passed by Pipeline to pick up a baby blanket knitted lovingly by Cindy Oppen (the blanket is gorgeous... speaking of which, I gotta finish mine!), then off to Rockwell I went.  It was nice to get my feet massaged, my head fiddled with and my hair trimmed... I felt like a new person when I left.  I had to pass the mall before heading home for a few baby supplies (wipes, diaper cream and the like), then headed back to Alabang to meet Rob for Italian food.  When we got home, I was greeted by a baby that was in need of a nursing.  I missed her!

In as much as I love my family, I have to love myself too.  Self-rejuvenation is necessary in order for me to tend to and care for my loved ones better.  It's not so much "cabin fever prevention" as it is "mommy maintenance."  It's important for me to get out of the house once in a while and take care of myself... and take care of myself I do (and did).

On a side note, there's a bowl of cherries in the fridge with my name on it... I think it's time to pop one in my mouth.  Now.

No comments: