Saturday, April 22, 2006

April 22, 2006 - Pregnancy Blog

I'm sitting in my bedroom alone (hubby's in LA to surprise his cousin who's having his 30th birthday party... it's going on as I write) after having had a breakfast of oatmeal topped with a crunchy oat cereal (yum!), and a glass of cold milk.  I'll be taking a shower in a little bit and then getting ready to spend the next couple of days at my mom's house.  My new yaya is there with her now, so I'll get to meet her today.  How splendid!

I'm now 36 weeks pregnant, which means that by Friday of next week, I'll be at full term and ready to pop this little one out.  I'm looking on the bright side of things: the sciatica-like pain that shoots down the back of my thigh will disappear, as will my digestive discomforts and round ligament pain.  Doesn't help that as I describe my symptoms and maladies to my mother, she comes back with, "I don't remember having that when I was pregnant."  Thanks.

Thankfully I've still been able to walk around (not shuffle, not waddle... WALK) to do errands and what not.  The baby is still in a comfortable enough position for me to do so, and I'm thankful for that.  According to my doctor, she's still quite high up, which means she won't be making an appearance while my husband's away.  Good.  I've also been able to have a few lunch/coffee dates here and there... I won't be able to see my friends much after the baby's born.

As for my "nesting instinct", it's starting to kick in.  It hasn't kicked in to the point that I want to vacuum the inside of my car or mop the kitchen floor to a sparkling shine, but it's definitely there.  I've been making more and more visits to Make Room (for you guys in the States, it's like The Container Store), Baby & Co., Mercury Drug and True Value Hardware.  I've pretty much ignored the clothing, shoes and accessories stores (except for Joyce Oreña), and my mind is filled with "how can I store this, put this away, neaten this up" thoughts.  Yeah.  My OC/anal retentive friends would be very proud of me.  The impulse has been triggered.

The baby blanket is going okay as well... I seem to have made a few errors though, which means I may have to redo a few rows.  It's not such a bad deal at this point, since the mistake isn't so huge anyway, and I have an idea how to fix it.  It won't be the perfect blanket that I wanted for the little one, but it's one made out of love and care.  (I have to also keep in mind the Lebanese carpet makers who intentionally weave an error in their wares.  It's encouraging.)

Okay, I think it's time for me to begin my weekend.  Hope you all have a great one!  Be it buzzing with activity or spent lounging on the couch, traipsing on Boracay sands or ogling the ladies poolside, chasing butterflies or chasing dreams, enjoy!

No comments: