Wednesday, April 12, 2006

April 12, 2006 - Calm to Angry Waters

Before I continue, allow me to make the claim that I hardly ever... ever... get angry or upset.  Sure my pregnancy has been sending me on a few hormonal emotional roller coasters, but that was to be expected.  Normally very little riles me up or puts me in a place that would make me want to destroy property, bash anyone's face in, or ram my car into a bus.  But... don't let it be said that I don't ever find myself in this emotional state.

From time to time, for whatever reason, something comes my way to expose that darker side of me, be it the coming out of a well-hidden ugly truth, the utterance of an extremely hypocritical statement, the exposition of an underhanded scheme, or an attack -- verbal or physical -- against a member of my family or one of my friends.  Any one of these things can really, reeeeeeeeeally, send me to the heights of outrage, and I pity the unfortunate soul that happens to be around when it happens.  That person then has the responsibility and task of calming me down, bringing me back to my happy place.  And because it's rare that I do get angry or upset, that task can take a long, long while.

Now I wonder whose temper my daughter will inherit.  Then again, both Rob and I rarely ever lose our cool, but when we do it ain't pretty.  Hopefully the little one will be one cool customer... but woe be to whoever's around when the shit hits the fan.

No comments: