Monday, July 31, 2006

July 31, 2006 - Beautiful Day!


In spite of the gray cloud canopy and the rain that didn't stop, I had myself a beautiful, beautiful day.

Our godparents treated us (and good friends from the States) to a day trip to Tagaytay.  Unfortunately the weather didn't allow for us to partake of the lake and volcano view, but that didn't matter... what did was the good company and the wonderful food that we would have that day and night.  Salad and pasta at the Greenhouse Bistro at Tagaytay Highlands, a 90-minute full body aromatherapy massage at Spa Aromatique (ohhhhh how I needed that!), and dinner at Antonio's, which is always a fantastic experience.  I don't think words could ever adequately describe how great the food is there... you just have to trust me and enjoy it for yourself. 

Ahhh, it was nice to get away even for just a day, and what a day it was.  The memories will make up a "mini holiday" in my mind when things get harried and crazy in my life.

On the way home, the conversation led to oh so many topics: what's going on in the lives of my friend's schoolmates... life in the US compared to the Philippines... and (going back to me... this IS my blog after all, he he he) how there was a point in my life when I was so independent.  That was around my late 20's-early 30's, when I racked up some frequent flyer miles traveling to the other coast, just for fun.  (Oh, the things I did for fun...)

Looking back, I revelled in the solitude and silence when I was living alone.  There were times when I preferred the company of my own shadow than of another flesh-&-blood being.  Sure, there would be a day when I'd crave companionship for a meal out or a movie, but it never really bothered me to be by myself.

Having said all that, I am ever so thankful for the blessing of the people that keep me company nowadays: my wonderful husband, my beautiful daughter, my indefatigable mother, the rest of my incredible family and my fabulous friends.  Every one of them is an answer to a prayer (even of those my heart would make without my knowing).  They each light a corner of my heart (including the corners that once knew only darkness), and even on the grayest day, there is sunshine because of them.

In case I haven't said this enough (and I don't think I ever could), I love you so very, very much.

No comments: