Monday, November 27, 2006

November 27, 2006 - So much for quiet...

I was right... no sleep for the weary.  In this case the mommy, the abu and the yaya.

Cebu didn't treat us very well this trip... first, my mother fell in the hotel room.  She didn't see the step down into the bathroom, and fell forward.  Fortunately she was able to stop herself with her hands, but she suffered a sprain and bruises on her palms.  She's doing just fine.  Second, I ate something that triggered an allergy attack in Nicole (which meant I couldn't breastfeed for 2 days until the offending allergen was purged from me... not being able to nurse was painful for the both of us emotionally... once I was able to breastfeed her again, we were both just much, much happier).  Third, I was getting allergies from the dust in the room and the hallway.  And finally, on the morning of our second day there, there was unrelenting drilling outside early in the morning.  It didn't help that none of us got good sleep the night before.  Argh!  Que terrible!

The gig went fine though.

Now we're back to our normal routine.  Nic's here in the bedroom with us still (sorry, but I can't part with her, and www.askdrsears.com only reinforces my instincts to keep her close) and I'm still breastfeeding (mixed now though, she has the appetite of a racehorse).

On an unrelated note...

XBOX 360 ROCKS!!!

No comments: