Wednesday, November 15, 2006

November 15, 2006 - Two down...

... two to go.

I'm talking about a series of corporate gigs that I've been commissioned to do.  There are two more left, and the series is over.  So far I'm happy that my voice has felt much better, enough for me to say that it has returned to normal.  I guess having a gig schedule has been good for me, in that my voice gets some much needed exercise and use.  My sleep schedule has worked itself out, even with the baby... I guess my mommy body has learned to compensate for the weird sleeping hours.  I can't remember the last time I had 8 hours of straight sleep... of late, it's been 8 hours of pieced-together sleep.  If I even get 8 at all.

Since my 2nd month of pregnancy, my body hasn't been mine.  My voice wasn't under my control, and my shape was shifting to accommodate the baby.  Now at least I feel I'm regaining what I lost, which is never a bad thing.  Of course all of it was worth it, and I would do it all again in a heartbeat, but having said that, it's nice to know that when I open my mouth, I don't have to be afraid of what's going to come out, or that nothing will come out at all.

It's a wonderful feeling when I feel confident about my singing, and totally shitty when I don't.  Right now, I'm where I want to be.

No comments: