Saturday, September 2, 2006
Oh come on, isn't there something in this life that just bugs you...
gets your goat... irritates you like crazy? Something that, when you
sense or experience it, makes you just wanna hit someone? Here are
1. Seeing a misspelled word or bad grammar. In other words, bad
inglizz (most especially when I'm the one who made the mistake).
2. When my name is spelled wrong. It's L-E-A. No H. There's a
specific reason why my name is spelled that way; I was named after my
maternal grandfather, LEO.
3. Hearing a really, really, reeeeeeally bad note. It makes my head do a 360.
4. Being downwind of someone with really bad breath or body odor. Que horror!
5. Unprofessional behavior. Inexcusable and inconsiderate.
6. Invasion of personal space (being too "in your face" to me). I
neeeeeed to breeeeeeathe, give me room pleeeeeeeeease. At its worst
when I was pregnant.
7. Mooching. If you want a piece of whatever's on my plate or in my
glass, please ask. Don't presume you can have some just because we're
8. A lack of self-awareness (mine included).
9. Being asked for an autograph while I'm eating. Kindly wait until
I'm done, or if you can't, ask a waiter to approach. It'll give me
time to swallow my mouthful.
10. Artistas resentful of signing autographs. Ano ka ba?!
Not only is it part of the job, it also can make someone really happy.
I remember asking for an autograph once... the actor was so masungit,
I got turned off. (Yes, I know you can't always sign everything, but
give whatever time you can.) Jimmy Stewart said something like this at
the stage door of a theater: "These people have travelled all the way
from wherever just to see me... the least I can do is pose for a
picture and sign an autograph." (I'll find the actual quote and post
it here, promise.)
11. Name dropping. Don't try to impress me by rattling off a list of
who you know. You should be impressive enough by yourself.
12. Insincerity. 'Nuff said.
13. Emotional manipulation. I... hate... this.
14. Someone being downright annoying.
15. Absentmindedness. Specifically, mine.
16. Computer hardware meltdown. I've had two laptops die on me. My
saving grace is that I know how to replace an internal hard drive.
17. Being unable to find what I'm looking for, be it a stapler, a checkbook or a passport.
18. A brand new anything breaking down.
19. When I destroy my brand new manicure a few feet from the salon. Nakakainiiiiiiiiiis!!!!!
20. Drinking 11 kamikazes and not getting a buzz... or drinking 2 and feeling like crap. What the f*ck is that???
21. Watching children on TV singing adult songs. This pet peeve is old, since seeing my contemporaries at the age of 10 singing "Big Spender." WTF?!?!?!?!?!?
22. Seeing big-bellied men with their shirts raised just enough to display their midsections.
Oh this blog entry will keep on growing. Bitch away in the comments section below!!! Be my guest!!!