Thursday, September 7, 2006

September 07, 2006 - Leaving on a jet plane...

Tomorrow, we leave for Los Angeles... Nicole has tons of relatives and friends waiting for her over there... her grandfather, her great-grandfather, two great-grandmothers, cousins, aunties, uncles.  We'll hit both coasts on this trip, New York included, for a little work and a little fun.  I know that the next three weeks will be a blast.

...

I'm already thinking of the trip home.

It's strange, but I know that I'll be leaving my heart here, as if I went down into a deep, dark basement and placed my heart in a strongbox guarded by a sentinel who has the only key.  Yes, I'll be happy to take this trip and reacquaint myself with those I left behind, as well as see our house, eat in familiar restaurants, and drive around to visit loved ones.  But... I know that with every day that passes, I'll be thinking of my friends here... our life here... and how I've come to love it.

To my friends reading this blog, I'll miss you terribly... but you know where and how to find me, I'm never more than a Yahoo Messenger instant message away.  Besides, I'll be back soon!

No comments: