Friday, September 15, 2006

September 15, 2006 - It's been a while...

Yep, it's been quite a while since I last blogged here... in my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Much of the past week we've been here has been... well... striving to get rid of this darned jet lag!  All of us are suffering from weird sleep hours, the baby included.  Thankfully though she is no longer putting up a huge fight when we put her down in her crib.  The first time we placed her in there, she cried for what seemed like hours and hours.  The second time, we ignored her and tried to let her sleep on her own.  third attempt, I picked her up so that Rob could get some sleep, brought her downstairs and nursed her till she knocked out.  Last night, she fell asleep on her own after one whimper.  At the beginning, because the playpen had that "new mattress" smell, we let her sleep on the bed... and we slept very carefully.

We've been able to get some errands done -- I got my driver's license renewed, as well as our auto insurance... we're driving again!!! --, see family and friends, and just enjoy being in LA.  I didn't realize how much I missed things here until we arrived... the efficiency of the DMV and our insurance agent, the speed of the freeways (ALAVEET!!!), the wide aisles at the grocery stores, being able to find what I want and need when I want and need it... even self-service at the gas station is fun!

Today begins our second week here... the first week went by quickly... before we know it we'll be headed back to Manila.  We still have mail to check, mail to collect and a house to clean.  Ugh.  And only two weeks to do it.  Damn.

Ah well... might as well start now!

No comments: