Sunday, September 17, 2006

September 17, 2006 - Life

To quote my friend Bobby (I HAD to steal this from your blog... it was too good not to):

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive, well preserved body, avoiding the muck and the scuffle -- rather one should skid in sideways, straight into the fray, chocolate rations on one hand, celebratory martini on the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Or as my great-grandmother once said: "Kung pupunta ka lang naman sa impyerno, mag-limousine ka na!"

The strange thing is, although we would all love to espouse the "live life to the fullest" edict, we don't.  For whatever reason, we hesitate to take life by the short and curlies and really live it for everything it's worth.  Far too often we find ourselves on our deathbeds, counting each and every "what if" that passed us by, wondering if we should have taken this chance, or this job, or went this way or that.  With every day that comes and goes, we watch life go by from the sidelines, never taking center stage.

I'd like to think that so far, I lived life to the point that I can look back on it and smile, knowing that I lived it good and happy, without regrets, without "what if's".  That whatever I did, I did with my whole self -- mind, heart and body, working in concert, to the fullest... like crazy.

As my life stands, with 35 years behind it, it's looking really, really good.  And there's a lot of life left to live.  Bring it on.

No comments: