Thursday, October 18, 2007

October 17, 2007 - I...Am...Fucking...Upset

I am not having a good afternoon. (Yes, the show is still ongoing, I'm already in my dressing room blogging via my Treo.)

Not too long ago I found out that the Valjean that was scheduled to perform tonight has been told that he won't be going on. Our Javert is sick and our Marius has a personal day, which means the men's ensemble would have to cover for all the missing spots as understudies would have to perform. There would be only one extra hole to fill, which the boys have done before.

I'm upset because Jeff (our Valjean cover) invited industry people as well as friends to watch his portrayal. I'm upset because said invitees won't be able to watch him on any other day and can't get their tickets refunded. I'm upset because everyone here was under the impression that those performances were promised to him, and confirmed. I'm upset most of all because we look forward to his being on as Valjean because it happens so few times in a run.

This is one of those times that I hate the industry I'm in, when it steps on and chews up really good people.

I am upset... I am so fucking upset.

No comments: