Monday, February 26, 2007

February 25, 2007 - Staging done...

Yes, believe it or not, I'm through with the basic bare bones staging of my track in Les Miz. Right now I'm allowing what I've learned to simmer and sit in my head and heart. Hopefully something will come of it, and I'll be ready to perform soon. I'd love to get a couple of shows under my belt before my opening on March 6 (meaning, my actual first show will be on March 2, 3 or 4), so that at my opening, I'm calm and collected.

Okay, now for the fun stuff:

- there's a Kristy Swanson lookalike, as well as a Michael Vartan lookalike in the company;

- this will be the first time I'll get to work with Norm Lewis, as we never worked together in Miss Saigon (he played John at one point during its run on Broadway);

- my understudies are of varying ethnic backgrounds (Nikki is African-American while Havilland is Caucasian);

- I'm not the only Pinoy in the show... there's Adam Jacobs and Ali Ewoldt who play Marius and Cosette respectively;

- once I'm onstage as Fantine, I don't come offstage until just before her death;

- this is the third time on Broadway that I die, which bodes for a better omen than when I stay alive in a show;

- the Les Miz theater is right beside Spamalot, and I am thrilled to bits (and Marin Mazzie is now playing the Lady of the Lake... Marin's presence in the neighborhood should interest Menchu);

- we're right across the legendary eatery, Sardi's;

- I'm incredibly excited and can't wait to go on!!!

1 comment:

criscoboi . said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH0wqPvwe-E

Is the Haviland you mentioned the same Haviland who mentioned you in the Vlog above? They commented on how many applications you have on Facebook...and they said you're this "huge, freaking Filipino and Broadway star"....that's right! :)