Sunday, February 18, 2007

February 18, 2007 - And I'll Be Home Soon...

We just came from a mini concert tour in Cebu and Davao, and I gotta say, what a great time we all had.

Of course the baby was the light (and unofficial mascot) of the tour, and everyone that saw her and spent time with her was just made extra happy. She's now also just learned to "smile for the camera," instantaneously putting on a smile whenever a camera was pointed in her direction (well, by me and my mother anyway). It's more than provided amusement for us... she's game to smile! And her teeth are finally starting to emerge. I think her hardship over the last many weeks will pay off with a "tiny toothed" smile, very soon.

However, in a few days (on my birthday, no less!), we're going on another plane ride, this time to cold, wintry, frosty, freezing New York. Yes, we've been warned, the weather is not going to be fun. I've been in bitter cold before, and it is winter after all, so I'm not ill-prepared for what's in store. We've got the coats and sweaters ready. We'll be just fine.

Let it be known though that my heart, mind and soul will be here, enveloped in the warmth of a thousand and one embraces... nursed by holding hands through good times and bad, and ice cold beers in parties past... fueled by music that stirs the soul, and photographs seen and remembered... lunches and dinners bathed in laughter... all that and more, with much love.

Promise me you'll wait for me
'Cause I'll be savin' all my love for you
And I will be home soon
Promise me you'll wait for me
I need to know you feel the same way too
And I'll be home, I'll be home soon.

No comments: