Sunday, December 17, 2006

December 17, 2006 - Home at last...

Ahhhhhhhhh... it's good to be home.

We arrived late last night from Doha, and it was nice to see the serene and peaceful face of my little girl after not having seen her for 3 days. I can't wait to take her to Honolulu to meet more cousins, aunties and uncles, and maybe get some sand between her toes. Sunscreen... must bring sunscreen...

I have only two more months left here before it's time to fly off on yet another adventure in the good ol' US of A. Without giving away too much, I'll just say thank goodness I have work waiting for me! God has been generous and kind to my family and to me, so I give thanks to the Man up above and head off to wherever it is I need to be. As with a lot of the work I do especially when I'm not home, it's all a matter of national pride. I carry the name of my country on my shoulders everywhere I go, and do my darndest to set a good example to everyone. Perhaps I have an astute awareness (or borderline paranoia) that I'm watched at all times, and that any negative action would reflect on my people. So I know how to behave when I'm in public (and save my baddest self for when I'm in private, with my inner circle comprised of a few kindred souls).

'Tis the life of this gypsy. Thank goodness I have a family that understands and supports what I do, and encourages me to grab these opportunities by the short-and-curlies and run with it. And run I will, like the wind.

Buuuuuuut... until then I have 2 more beautiful months here, in the arms of those I love and will leave behind... and will come back to again and again.

No comments: