Sunday, December 10, 2006

December 10, 2006 - Bazaar Time!

I had no idea I would be in for such a shopping treat!  My friend Steffi invited me to shop at the NBC Tent Bazaar this morning.  The words she used were tantalizing: "Export overruns cheap".  I was so there.

My eyes were aglow at the sight of rows upon rows of merchandise... Ralph Lauren... Abercrombie & Fitch... Old Navy... The Gap... Ann Taylor... as well as local food vendors and exporters.  I came away with quite a killing: trousers (just need to get them hemmed), lots of t-shirts to give away, cute outfits for Nicole for when she's a bit older, a cute jacket, a tracksuit.  After a few hours though, I started to feel tired as well as cold (it didn't help that the rain made the NBC tent colder than it normally is). 

Once we had gone through the maze of the bazaar, we headed to Krispy Kreme (yes, it's finally here in Manila).  Thankfully the line wasn't very long (due to the rain, I imagine), so our wait for that melt-in-your-mouth delight didn't take forever.  I bought two dozen original glazed donuts, as did Steffi, and then it was off to lunch.  We ate mongolian barbecue at Polo, and decided to eat outside... the air conditioned restaurants were freezing!

I then dropped Steffi back at her house, and sorted whose bags were whose.  Headed home after that.

Now, I'm here in my bedroom resting... I feel like I'm going to get sick, so on the advice of a friend I took some Biogesic and am chilling out.  As difficult as it'll be (I'm still breastfeeding, which means that sleep is a luxury I can't always afford), I shall try and sleep a lot this week.  I still have some traveling to do. 

No comments: