Thursday, May 10, 2007

May 09, 2007 - Catharsis

I'm probably one of the most fortunate people in the world... I get to do a role that has me crying my eyeballs out eight times a week. And no, I'm not being facetious.

One of the women in the show even jokes about it... "Every time I see you onstage, you're crying."

How does that make me so fortunate? Here's my simple answer: whatever shit I've got going on gets out, and right away. I am not given the luxury of time to let stuff fester and grow before their exit from my body... the show starts promptly at 8 PM... I'm on stage by 8:20, in tears by around 8:25, in full on cry mode by 8:30, bawling at 8:35, and dead by 8:41.

Instant catharsis, and I get paid to cry as well as sing. Isn't that grand and awesome!!!

More seriously though, I do consider myself fortunate in this regard... I have my own share of angst and (dare I say it) shit that happens from time to time, for whatever reason, on any given day. Thankfully none of it can grow to full term. Out it goes, and on I go with my life.

Yeah, you may be wondering what I may have to angst about since life seems so wonderful and all that. Well, life being what it is, I do, and I have. It is what it is, I guess. And life being the unpredictable monster that it can be, will deal me the occasional sucky hand.

Oops, they've just called half hour... time for me to get ready to cry again.

No comments: