Friday, March 16, 2007

March 15, 2007 - Wala lang...

It was too good to last...

The weather in the city was absolutely beautiful these last couple of days. Unfortunately, rain and sleet are forecast for tonight. Sigh. Bitin ako.

So, what does one do when the winter doldrums return? Clean.

I took a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to the bathroom wall, and was surprised at the grime that had built up over the years. I kept going... and right now a 2 square foot section of the wall is clean. My mom already got to most of the wall, but the Eraser took it a step further. Now I'm on a mission to clean that bathroom from top to bottom before the spring arrives. And I can't wait for it to arrive. (Better stock up on Claritin though... the pollen count will kill me!)

The baby is down for her nap, and is sleeping through the sirens of the fire trucks that pass us by. She's a New Yorker already.

On a totally unrelated note... technology RULES!!!!! Yahoo Messenger, Skype, iChat and many other similar applications help to keep me from going crazy as I'm away from my loved ones. Seeing someone on the other side of the world brings a smile and peace to one's heart. Part of what makes the missing so terrible is not being able to see the other person for months on end, those things that made me so happy: a goofy pose... a silly dance... a terrific belly laugh... so I'm thankful to the nerds of the world who came up with webcams, high quality USB chat headphones, and all things that make the missing that much less of a heartache. Thank you... thank you so very much.

No comments: