Pardon my exuberance, but it was FUCKING AWESOME!!!
Other fun stuff during my last dress rehearsal and first show:
- my dresser Kim and hairdresser Barry had to shout directives at me to get through my quick changes backstage, like drill sargeants;
- my locket got stuck in my cleavage during "I Dreamed A Dream", and I had quite a task fishing it out as I was singing;
- at Fantine's death, since I didn't have to stay dead for the put-in, as the revolve was turning the bed around, I did the ROCK ON sign with arms raised while lying down, shouting "GOOD NIGHT, CLEVELAND!!!" on the way out;
- I don bushy eyebrows as a member of the ensemble in a futile attempt to hide (my urchin's name is NICK);
- my chopped up Fantine wig makes me look like either Pat Benatar or David Bowie (Ziggy Stardust)
- the ensemble men gave me a dozen white roses to welcome me to the company (such nice boys...)
- half the time in the ensemble, I don't know half of what I'm doing, and it's great!!!