Friday, January 19, 2007

January 19, 2007 - Ahhhhhhhhh...........


Last night I got together with some of my old batchmates and classmates from OB Montessori. I was the only rose among the thorns (none of the girls could make it unfortunately), but thank goodness the guys were exquisite and delightful company. It's amazing to see what has become of my old friends and to catch up on the many goings-on that took place since graduation. Among them:

- My classmate Howard losing a ton... as in a TON... of weight. He was always a heavy fellow, and I was flabbergasted to see his new physique. How he got it, I don't know.

- Batchmate Dean is now the head of the Philippine Tourism Authority. It's funny to see this jokester and class-cutter become the kagalang-galang that he is now. He comes from a politically inclined family so it comes as no surprise that he's in public office, but still!

- Dax is now a dentist... Egbert a pediatrician... they were two of the best looking guys in grade school, and thank goodness neither of them lost their looks.

- My constant guy companions Danny, Jaygee and Bobby still look, act and sound the same. Bobby works with Chinabank, Jay with Caltex and Danny with... hmmm... I never got to ask him. We reminisced on old shenanigans. These three were the ones that taught me how to play pusoy.

- Chickoy had major heart surgery a few years ago (multiple bypass... for someone so young, this was a surprise to me), and is now in Manila for good after living in the US for 14 years. Jojo takes care of a farm in Pampanga where his wife is working at the local OB Montessori.

- Pow is now on leave from work, after having managed a shuttle business. His wife walked in to say hello... he did really good.

- Two of our teachers, Mrs. Duran and Mr. Da Silva were in attendance, and we got to speak with Miss Galicano, our class adviser, on the phone. She's now taking her masters in Cebu.

Those were the only ones in attendance, the others weren't able to make it. It was such a fun night! I can't remember laughing this hard! It was really nice to go back to high school and recall those good old days. Sometimes, spending a little quality time in the past isn't a bad thing.

No comments: