Wednesday, January 10, 2007

January 10, 2007 - What a Swell Party It Is

Or rather, was.

I was invited to a party at the amply spaced Leonor Compound in Manila. Rob was jetlagging, so I went solo. Beforehand though, I made sure that I would have friendly souls there, so that I wouldn't feel alone. Thank goodness that was the case. It made for a perfect night.

We watched "Tulad ng Dati" on a slightly askew screen... downed a lot of alcohol (I blanked out during the movie a lot, and was oblivious to many of the evening's happenings... I had to be filled in later)... watched bands play (Troublespots -- very promising all girl band --, Ratbunitata and The Dawn)... danced my heinie off... hummed "Melt With You" into a mic (after being pushed by fellow females on the audience floor)... and had the hugest smile on my face.

It had been a while since I partied this hard, but it was under the best of circumstances for the most part. I was around friends and in a friendly atmosphere. Thank you, Junboy Leonor, for hosting the "any excuse for a party" party! I had a wonderful time!

No comments: