Sunday, August 19, 2007

August 19, 2007 - Not the best start to my weekend

I am a woman of almost infinite patience, except for matters of professional incompetency or indifference. In other words, I can't stand someone who just doesn't give a damn.

At yesterday's matinee, an oafish lumbering idiot of a backstage crew member flicked off the hat of one of the guys in the cast, letting it lay on the table on which said cast member was sitting, as our turntable was turning to reveal us. Later, this said hat was then taken by said oafish lumbering idiot and hidden.

Needless to say, I was livid.

You flicked off a costume, mother f*****. What part of that does your primitive, underdeveloped brain not understand?

I spoke to stage management about his antics, and it turns out this oafish lumbering idiot has already been complained about numerous times by other cast members and crew... but he's still working there backstage, because his father is our production manager (and ironically, a well-respected member of the theater community and a pretty nice guy too).

My pre-vacation matinee was thus turned into a hell for me. I was pissed off and frustrated. People like that shouldn't even be near a theater, much less work within its walls.

Yes, I complained... yes, I vented... yes, I let out as much of my ire as I could, as I didn't want to carry it around for the rest of the day. Thankfully by the evening's arrival, my temper had waned to minimal and I was ready to have a good time again. And yes, I steered clear of the oafish lumbering idiot. I didn't want to look at him... talk to him... have anything to do with him.

So... I have seven weeks left once I return from Manila. He'd better stay out of my way, lest I get postal on his sorry ass.

No comments: