Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August 14, 2007 - The nature of love

Before I continue, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!! We ladies went out for lunch at one of her favorite restaurants in the city. Now we're home again... Nic's napping, I'm blogging and my mom's talking to her sister that lives in Texas, who called to wish her a happy birthday.

Anyway...

Love is a strange and wonderful thing. It manifests itself in many different forms, showing itself in different levels and intensities. However, I believe that one truly loves unconditionally when a person is able to forgo, rise above and move past another person's imperfections and occasional misdeeds. It's the kind of love God has for each and every one of us.

In other words, it's forgiveness.

It's sifting through anger... it's letting go of a foible... it's loving despite everything. It's not easy, by any means, and anyone touched by the grace of forgiveness is truly blessed. I've been on both sides of that fence, and am fortunate to have the friends I have.

I land in Manila on August 20... I can't wait to get home to see the friends I've left behind there, to reconnect and catch up on what I've missed. And I know that I've missed a lot in the last 6 months.

No comments: