Friday, April 13, 2007

Entry for April 13, 2007 - Ugh

My throat hasn't been feeling 100% well, unfortunately, and it doesn't look like things are about to get better. I'm performing nightly in a show where stage smoke seems to upstage all the actors, enveloping us in puffs of unwholesome white clouds. The timing of the puffs tend to be such that they come just as I'm needing to inhale to hold a long note at the finale. It leaves an awful taste in my mouth, and doesn't smell so pretty either.

The other reason for my malaise is the weather. It's been raining... it's been cold... springtime has definitely NOT arrived in New York City. My walk to work hasn't been fun. I try to give myself a boost, because I do normally love the rain, but add freezing temperatures to the mix, and you've got one unhappy little actress on her way to work.

I'm hating the winter... I'm hating the weather... I can't wait for the sunshine and warmth to kick in.

So to you guys in Manila, savor the heat. I'd rather have that than this gray, damp, cold, and unhealthy day anytime.

No comments: