One Facebook friend wrote on her status update: "still crying after a year... pain pain go away..."
When I read that, it made me seriously think about what could possibly help someone like her going through something like that. Probably nothing... consolation, kindness and morale boosting have most likely already been given and generously. But how about a figurative kick in the ass? (I would have considered burning an effigy, but that would have taken too much time.)
I'm a pragmatist. Oh, I'm a romantic too at heart, but when I've needed to, after I was done feeling sorry for myself, I'd kick my own ass and give myself a wake-up call. Here are a few lines that I can think of to do this for someone else (and hidden in them are some lines I've used on myself). Boys, go ahead and change the gender of the nouns and pronouns if any of the following applies to you:
- Why are you wasting your tears on that loser? Snap out of it. There are better men out there.
- You are not a slave to any man. Don't act like one.
- You've changed, and for the worse.
- He would've cheated on your ass anyway... cut your losses and run for the hills.
- He can't even take care of himself, let alone you!
- You're growing, he's not. Move on.
- And what in God's holy name did you ever see in him??? Woman, get your eyes checked!!! Stat!!!
- In the end he would have destroyed you. He almost did.
- You collided with a fist. And you're still with him?
- You can't even respect him!!! How can you say you love him?
- After all he's done to you, you remain true. Why? The sex can't have been that great. And even if it was, it's not worth it.
- Martyrs are so archaic. Don't become one.
- He tore you down piece by piece, taking away your self-esteem, self-respect and self-confidence in the process. If you still love him, then he also took away your intelligence and common sense.
- He clearly doesn't love you... and who knows if he ever did?
- All he wanted was sex. He got what he wanted, and now he's gone. Asshole.
- Get rid of his photos. Destroy his love letters. Put away everything he ever gave you. Stop texting, stop calling, stop chatting, stop writing. Remove him from your Facebook/Multiply/My Space/Friendster/Live Journal/Blogspot/Yahoo Messenger/AIM/MSN Messenger/etc. contact list/s. Erase all contact information from your PDA/cellphone/address book. He's not worth even one single thought.
- You fell in love with a troll. We all make mistakes.
- Why? Is he that handsome??? Is his d*** made of gold??? Helloooooo!!!!! (rough translation of one of the comments below)
Yeah, I love a good ass-kicking, when it's absolutely needed.